Retinol products help stimulate cell regeneration and build collagen to diminish the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots from both photo- and intrinsic aging.
Retinol 0.5 contains 0.5% pure retinol and is recommended as a prerequisite to SkinCeuticals Retinol 1.0.
- Helps reduce appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, and uneven tone .
- Preserves optimal retinol stability and minimizes irritation commonly associated with the use of retinoids .
- Ensures maximum amount of retinol reaches the target site.
- Limit initial use to once or twice a week; gradually increase frequency to every other night, and finally each evening as tolerated.
0.5% Retinol: A derivative of vitamin A, clinically proven to improve the appearance of aging skin and skin discoloration. Helps exfoliate skin and decrease the occurrence of blemishes.
Bisabolol: Derived from the chamomile plant, this ingredient helps calm and soothe the skin.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of Retinol 0.5 to thoroughly cleansed skin in the evening. Carefully avoid the eyes and the corners of the eyes.
- To ensure optimal results, wait at least 30 minutes before applying any corrective or moisturizing products.
For external use only. Avoid direct contact with the eyes. Store in a cool, dark place.
Caution! Retinol is photosensitizing—broad-spectrum sun protection is a must when retinol is part of your skin care regimen. As a precaution, retinol products should not be used by pregnant women, or women who intend to become pregnant in the near future. Though there are no reports of topical retinol having any negative effect on fetal development, some problems have been reported with ingested retinoic acid.